So TODAY I had to go to the Health Department to apply for Pregnancy Medicaid. Praise the lord, I’ve been approved and all our baby medical expenses are covered, HOORAY!!!!!!!! It’s a huge relief, obviously.
So I told that coworker of mine I didn’t know how long I’d be gone (it was like 3 hours by the time we did all the paperwork and physical and all that mess) but I scheduled the appointment for when the intern would be here.
ONCE AGAIN, I got back from something completely necessary to the health of myself & Tiny TheGeek and all she could do was whine about how busy she was while I was gone.
Um, excuse me, but I don’t complain about taking your phone for an hour a day so you can talk to your fiance, I don’t complain when the boss gives me some of YOUR workload to do because you can’t get to it, and I don’t act like a drama queen whenever you leave for appointments/lunch.
I’ve been talking to her for MONTHS about how stressed we are about money, and yesterday we had a whole long conversation about this appointment today and what it could mean for us in terms of financial aid.
Do you think she asked how the appointment went? NO. She was too busy trying to guilt trip me because Bossman was mad that I’d left (yeah, I reminded him about this yesterday too).
WELL TOO BAD, COWORKING PEOPLE. You can’t ruin my day and you can’t make this enormous burrito taste any less awesome.
I think the new objective should be to alter my expectations, as there will most certainly be other appointments in my future. Lord above. I can’t have my grits overcooked every time I leave the office.
- condemned-enigma likes this
- condemned-enigma said: 1: Congrats on getting the medicaid! :D 2: Your coworker is still a righteous bitch and I seriously feel like she needs to have my knee high boot shoved up her ass.
- older-and-far-away said: People are jerks — don’t let the man get you down!
- karlurbansface said: Ah, I remember those days. I returned to the office once after having a day off to look after my nan, who had recently had a stroke, only to be blamed for issues that had happened whilst I weren’t there, that weren’t even my fault!! I loved work >_>
- karlurbansface likes this
- breathegeek posted this